Bands and Artists
Gallagher Homepage - Chock full of showband era pics and articles -
also info about Arigna (co. Roscommon) and gig dates/locations.
- GeneStuart.com - homepage for Gene Stuart [Dynamic Sounds, Mighty Avons, Homesteaders ] containing bio, current recordings, photo gallery and Gene's Music Shop in Dunnagun, CO.Tyrone.
- Trevor Keys Music - home page for Trevor Keys [Dave Cuthbert Showband, The Rhythm Aces, The Signetts , The Swingtones , The Flingles , The Embassy Showband, Rainbow Country,Sounds from London , Brendan Quinn & the Bluebirds, Coffee & Cream ,and The original Trevor Keys & The Foyle Showband] 2 sound shop/record stores in Ballymena and Derry.
- Gerrytully.com - official homesite for this up and coming singer/songwriter and son of Paddy Tully [The Hunters] - Click on the MP3 samples - you're in for a treat when you do.
- Vinny Baker [Firehouse Showband, Plainsmen] - his official homesite - Vinnybakermusic.com - includes Vee Bee Recording Studios, Vee Bee Guitar School, Vinny's Biography, guestbook and more.
- Alan James [aka Alan Carr of the Sahara Showband, the Victors and Stage 2] official homepage: Alan-James.com
- Barry Walker's Smackee - official homepage. Barry played with the Yankee Clippers and the Las Vegas showband.
- Tony O'Malley [Skyrockets] official home page: Tony O'Malley - From the Heart with Soul
- A next generation site - Ian Hendrick Band - Ian's dad, Herbie, and his uncle Barry played in the Regal Showband.
- Margoodonnell.com [Keynotes, Country Folk] - Margo, the Girl from Donegal - her official homepage - contains news, a lovely photo gallery, discography and lots more.
- Logicmusic.net - official homepage for singer songwriters Dave [the Pasado Showband, Candy] and Val Smyth.
- Gary Power' s(Heartbeats, Monaco, the Kings, the Poets, the Newman) - homepage for his biz - GP Entertainment
- Syd Shine [Syd Shine and the Saints] - a page about his longtime love affair with a boat (The Fox). An archived copy of his site dedicated to The Fox can be seen here.
- Houston Wells [ The Marksmen, The Outlaws, Premier Aces], is alive and "well" and still singing in New Zealand and is featured on his son (Rob Smith's) official home site. No frames link to Houston Wells section:click
- Maurice Mulcahy - Official
homepage - includes a band history, and two lovely galleries with
photos and clippings.
- Billy Swann's
[lead guitar, Cossacks] pages about the Cossacks
(Ballymena) at his homepage - Fujiyama Japanese
- Brendan and Aisling
Bowyer - Official homepage - an elegantly put together site with
bios, photos, music samples and appearance schedules.
- Martinflynn.com -
Official homepage for NY-based, Waterford born, singer and comedian,
Martin Flynn [Foottappers, Martin Flynn Showband].
Supple.com- Art Supple's [Victors] homepage - so far, it's a one page
site with event booking information.
- Gabriel Donohue [Magic Band] homepage - Gabriel can
be found performing around the NY/Metropolitan area.
- Shane Supple - carrying on the family tradition -
Shane also maintains Musicscene News - a site that chronicles the musical
scene in and around Cork.
- Ollie Kennedy - popular singer and songwriter, and
member of Foster and Allen's band - alum of several
Maurice Lynch Showband - discussion group at Yahoo hosted by Maurice
Lynch, Jr. Website soon to follow.
- Top Brass
Showband - keeping the showband spirit alive - Crackaways and
Countrymen alums are in the lineup.
- Dusty Young [Kings, Walter Lewis
Showband, Jimmy Johnston Showband, The Witnesses, Dave Glover] -
now a popular
comedian in the UK.
- Padraig Stevens homepage - band alums will
find a thing or two or three to smile about in these two well-written
stories: 1,2,3,4 and the Top of the World Showband.
- A Blow for
Peace - site for
newly released CD by Dave Hynes and Noel Battle - also playing
on CD are Vincent Baker [Firehouse Showband, Plainsmen] and Joe
- Fishing Holidays Ireland -
Seatrout fishing on the Moy Estuary with Judd Ruane [Jack Ruane
Showband]..update: 5/27/2004 - Judd can also be found at the slighlty
easier to remember address: Juddruane.com
- Aftershock, the Band - led by Mike Niblett (The
Stellas, The Silhouettes)
- Black47 - NY-based
Celtic rock band, led by Larry Kirwan [Johnny Reck
- John "Irish" Earle ("various showbands") - Bio at Ruthless
- Sean Flemming [Rocketeers] - bio at Sean Flemming
Band pages at Irishusa.com
- Steve Travers [Miami Showband] - bio at the Lobby Bar (Cork)
Chessmen - Brief Bio at Centro HD
- Gerry Anderson and the Chessmen
The Cadets - A Brief Bio at Centro HD
- The Freshmen - A Brief Bio at Centro HD
- RoryOn- A
Tribute to Rory Gallagher - A Fansite, compiled material from other
- "Only For The Music" Brendan O'Loughlin - CD review
by Kevin McCarthy
GALLAGHER - LIVE! IN EUROPE - Liner notes
- The Indians - Ireland's Top Showband - homepage (Sept 2003 note: site has been brilliantly
updated...worth revisiting, if you haven't recently)
- The Dixies - by Stephen Hunter - archived copy at
Northside Folklore Project
Royal Showband - a Swedish fansite - collection of good quality Real
Audio clips including The Hucklebuck
- The Oliver Kane Band Story - All about Bands I have
Played With by Oliver Kane
- The Unofficial Joe Dolan Fansite
Official Joe Dolan Website
Coulter - A Life - Phil Coulter's official homepage
- Derrick Mehaffey's Homepage - singer with the Royal
- The hokey Pokey - Fireparty (usenet
listserv)discussion about The Royal Showband and Brendan
- The Kim
Newport [Kim Newport and California]Homepage - mentions Gary Street
(RIP), former Jivenaire/Mystic. Band's first gig was at the Forest Park
- Bob King - Gentle Giant of British Country Music -
got start with British based Irish showbands.
- The M-Files.com - Phil Lynott and Thin Lizzy -
originally of the Black Eagles.
- Henry McCullough's Homepage - started with the
Skyrockets and later Gene and the Gents.
- Set Dancing News -Heather Breeze Ceili Band - see
bios of band member Pat Friel (the Frielmen) and Sean Burke (also of the
- Brendan Quinn [Robin and the Breakaways] Homepage - also
mentions Arty McGlynn(The Plattermen) and Henry McCullough. [No Longer Online but the original website is archived here]
- Brian Coll - Homepage for "Legendary Irish Singer" - Brian and
the Buckaroos, Plattermen [No Longer Online]
Jimmy Carton Band - Irish tenor based in Canada - got his start with
The Diamonds and The Checkmates.
- George Jones Bio - performed with the Dave Glover
Band, Sihouettes and The Professionals.
- Billy Hogan (Bridesiders) - three pics and interview
with Mr Hogan about his grandfather .
Turner (The Arrows) - Homepage - gigs, news, albums.
- Sonny Knowles [Earl Gill and Pacific Showband] -
Biography at Owl Records.
- Ollys Things - Olly Walsh [The Leaders] -
Well done showband-oriented site - nice collection of Frielmen and
- Robin Averill Online - Former "Signs" and "College Boys" member - now residing and performing in Canada. [Gone awol again, but the original website is archived here]
- The Music of Billy
Finnegan [Billy Walsh Showband, Downbeats Showband] - hopepage of
this Armagh singer/songwriter.
- Blackthorn's Mike O'Callaghan [Mellowtones, Sean O'Down Showband]
bio at www.irishthing.com.
- Biography of Highland Radio's Pio
McCann [Claxton Showband, Buckaroos, Polkadots, Tallmen]
- John McCane (onetime showband bass guitarist and vocalist)
profiled at Jan Stenson's Internet site
Kennedy (Swingtime Aces)'s Irish
Showband Archives and Irish
Beat Bands Archives at Irishshowbands.net
- Confessions of a 60's Drummer - Carlo Little [The
Universals] - a MUST visit for anyone interested in the 60's music
- [Updated/moved]Brendan O'Loughlin's [Express Showband]Homepage -
Limerick City born singer. Download Brendan's MP3's here
Wilkinson (Chris Lambe Showband, The Action, The Jim Doherty Quartet,
The Four Aces, The Witnesses) Official Website
- David McWilliams (Coral Showband) tribute site -
includes bio, discographies, photos, song listed by year and
Official Johnny Crampsie Website (Johnny Quigley, McIntyres, Merry
Macs, Clipper Carlton, Melody Aces)
- Paul Duffy [Miami Showband] Entertainment - US based
- performing in central and south Fla, as well as Boston, New York, Rhode
Island and Connecticut.
- Louis Stewart [Chris Lambe Showband] Bio at
- John Rossall's [Jack Ruane
Showband] Glitter - from showband performer to glitter rock and roll
- bios, pix, gig schedules
Blarney Brothers (South Africa) - showbanders Paul Mcilroy[Newmen],
Tony Fisher [Newmen] and Damien Mcilroy[Freshmen] form this
at 800 x 600
Copyright©The Jivenaires 2001-2008
em:Webmaster [at] jivenaires.com
page updated: Sunday May 18 2008