September 20, 2009
September 12, 2009
September 5, 2009
August 30, 2009
- The Glen Country (Ballymena) section started - special thanks to Paul Mulholland
- A new pic added to the Dinny Hughes section.
August 2, 2009
- From Mary Harrington by way of Ray Fynes - the Radio Showband (Dublin) .
July 29, 2009
- 2 Joe Dolan (Drifters) pics and one Maisie McDaniel advertising clipping added - Thanks to Dave Hynes for the scans!
June 21, 2009
- A new Freshmen pic added - special thanks to Mrs. Ann Bishop ..and to Ray Fynes for the scan.
March 29, 2009
- We've received an inquiry regarding a Showband photo - it comes to us by way of a daughter of Leo Daly (Mullingar author, historian and avid photographer). If anyone can identify the band (click to see a larger version) - please leave a note in our guestbook.
January 4, 2009
- Two new pics added to the Oceans section ..thanks to Alan Jones and Robert Magee (whose contribution was lost in the shuffle for several months and we apologise profusely for the oversight)
December 29, 2008
December 27, 2008
December 26, 2008
November 9, 2008
September 28, 2008
September 28, 2008
September 27, 2008
- Thanks to Tom E. King for sending in another lovely addition to the Raydots section
September 23, 2008
September 20, 2008
- Another pic added to the Raydots section.
September 18, 2008
September 14, 2008
- The Raydots section started - special thanks to Mr. Alan Jones. More to follow.
September 12, 2008
September 7, 2008
- A new Brendan Bowyer and the Big 8 pic added, c/o John Harrold
September 5, 2008
September 1, 2008
August 30, 2008
August 27, 2008
August 25, 2008
- From this weekend's mail - Goldust (Limerick). Kindest thanks go to Mr. John Harrold for the scanning and sending!
August 24, 2008
- Another pic of interest to the Mullingar set - The Dinny Hughes Showband (Mullingar) - pic contributed by Frank "Monty" Montgomery
August 22, 2008
- A new addition to the Bandits section c/o Francis Kennedy
August 21, 2008
August 19, 2008
August 18, 2008
- Our gracious thanks to Mr Brian McCusker (Hudson, Idaho and Phantoms) for sending in a few pics... starting with this one of the Idaho Showband (Belfast & Lisburn) . More to follow over the next couple of days.
August 14, 2008
July 26, 2008
- The Johnny Christopher Show (Derry) added c/o Pat McCrossan. There's a little something special here for those of you who love guitars.
July 24, 2008
July 19, 2008
July 15, 2008
July 12, 2008
- Another addition from Mr. Pat McCrossan - His father's band, The Mainliners (Derry City).
July 9, 2008
- Special thanks to Mr. Pat McCrossan (Mainliners, Magnificent 7, Checkers) for a new photo in the Magnificent 7 section.
July 5, 2008
June 7, 2008
May 18, 2008
May 5, 2008
May 4, 2008
- Two Scans added to the Mighty Avons section - courtesy of Dave Hynes.
May 1, 2008
April 28, 2008
- A new scan added to the Paragon 7 section c/o Dave Hynes (we'll be posting quite a few from Dave over the next little while.)
April 27, 2008
April 18, 2008
April 8, 2008
April 6, 2008
- Added today - The Arctic Showband, Graignamanagh, Co Kilkenny. Kindest thanks to Edward Kinsella for this contribution.
September 14 2007
- For all you video fanatics -- The Jives are now on YouTube
July 31, 2007]
July 29, 2007]
July 28, 2007
- A couple of new Fairways pix added - thanks to Dave Hynes for the contribution.
December 29, 2006
December 22, 2006
- A trio of new pix for the Dickie's Band section - warm thanks to Spiros Stoyiannos (Greece) for sending these our way.
December 21, 2006
- It's that time of the year....... Click on pic to see full-sized (and for a little Christmas Surprise)
July 22, 2006
July 9, 2006
July 8, 2006
- It's been a while since the last "Can you recognise the people in this photo?".... so, with kind thanks to John [Sean] Burns (also known as Child Byrnes) we offer up this pic and ask the following questions ... can you pick out the Jives and...who else is with them?
[^Click to see larger version^]
July 4, 2006
June 23, 2006
June 21, 2006
June 19, 2006
- Added today a photo sent in by
Dave Hynes taken at Midlands Gold Showcase's Tribute to
Seamus Sheerin (Classic Showband) which was broadcast on 13
- Picking up the pace a bit --
Today's additions - two versions of the same photo of American Express
(Larne) also from Kevin Erwin.
- Running ever so very slightly
behind on the promise made below -- Today's addition - a pic of
the New Polka
Dots courtesy of Kevin Erwin.
- Warm thanks to Mr Kevin
(Bubbles) Erwin [ Young Fontana, Glensmen, Polka Dots,
Gamblers, American Express and Solid Gold] for sending in some
lovely pics. Kevin is originally from Ballymena, now living in
Canada and says he's still playing every week. We'll start off
with The Young
Fontana, and add more of his contributions over the next
- The Mounties (Dublin) section
started - Thanks to Dave
Hynes for the scan
- Just added, a scan of a
stunning photo of Ned
Kelly, Boyle's last Town Crier. Heartfelt thanks to Tom
Murray for sharing this moment in time.